Bun E. Carlos Announces ‘Welcome to Bunezuela!’ Solo LP, Releases Single ‘Do Something Real’
Cheap Trick co-founder Bun E. Carlos has kept a fairly low profile since being replaced in the touring lineup several years ago, but that's about to change.
Just in time for the band's induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Carlos has announced his first solo effort, Greetings from Bunezuela!, which finds him keeping the beat for an array of guest vocalists that includes original Cheap Trick singer Randy "Xeno" Hogan, Soul Asylum frontman Dave Pirner, and Guided by Voices leader Robert Pollard, who wrote and sings the set's first single, "Do Something Real."
"Do Something Real," which is embedded below, comes courtesy of Rolling Stone, where Carlos shares a few behind-the-scenes details from the making of the album and adds, "I talked about a covers album since 1978. After 35 years, I'm finally making this record."
Welcome to Bunezuela! is due in stores June 24. Check out the complete track listing below, along with each song's guest singer and the name of the act that originally recorded it.
Bun E. Carlos, Greetings from Bunezuela! Track Listing
1. "Do Something Real" — Robert Pollard (Robert Pollard solo)
2. "Him or Me" — featuring Hanson (Paul Revere and the Raiders)
3. "Armenia in the Sky" — John Stirratt (the Who)
4. "I Love You No More" — Alex Dezen (the Blackstones)
5. "Tell Me" — Alejandro Escovedo (the Rolling Stones)
6. "It Takes a Lot to Laugh, It Takes a Train to Cry" — Dave Pirner (Bob Dylan)
7. "Let the Mystery Be" — Xeno (Iris DeMent)
8. "Idea" — Robert Pollard (the Bee Gees)
9. "Le Cactus" — Nicholas Tremulis (Jacque DuTronc)
10. "I Can Only Give You Everything" — Rick Rizzo (Them)
11. "Slow Down" — Alejandro Escovedo (Alejandro Escovedo)
12. "Count on Me" — Xeno (Fra Lippo Lippi)
13. "I Don't Mind" — Alex Dezen (Alex Dezen)
Listen to "Do Something Good" by Bun E. Carlos
Cheap Trick Albums Ranked Worst to Best