Roger Daltrey Confirms the Who for Rumored Mega-Festival Show
Roger Daltrey has been quoted confirming the Who as performers in an upcoming festival rumored to include appearances from Paul McCartney, Bob Dylan, the Rolling Stones, Neil Young and Roger Waters.
Daltrey's comments were published by the Toronto Sun, and although he seemed not to know many specifics, it sounds like at least some of the rumors regarding the festival are on target. "I think it’s us and Roger Waters on the same day. I mean, it’s a fantastic idea for a festival. It’s the greatest remains of our era. I’m glad we made it ... I just hope a lot of normal fans can get tickets before they get snatched up."
As previously reported, the festival is rumored to be taking place from Oct. 7-9, with a second weekend reportedly under discussion. The promoters behind the event, Goldenvoice Entertainment, are also behind Coachella — and that festival's site, in Indio, Calif., is said to be where the currently rumored shows will take place.
While we're still waiting for official confirmation, it's worth noting that Daltrey's fears regarding ticket availability could be well-founded. Each act's fees are rumored to be in the $7 million range, and the overall cost of the festival could send admission fees out of the average concertgoer's price range. Still, whatever the cost, it sounds like it's shaping up to be a once-in-a-lifetime event — as Young's manager, Eliot Roberts, told the Los Angeles Times, "It’s so special in so many ways because you won’t get a chance to see a bill like this, perhaps ever again. It’s a show I look forward to more than any show in a long time."
The Who Albums Ranked Worst to Best