Watch Roger Waters Perform Pink Floyd Classics with Tom Morello and Billy Corgan
Roger Waters didn't bring his The Wall production to Washington, D.C.'s Constitution Hall last night (Oct. 16). Instead, he brought along Tom Morello of Rage Against the Machine and Billy Corgan of Smashing Pumpkins to perform some Pink Floyd classics, a few solo songs and a handful of choice covers.
The occasion was Music Heals, a benefit for MusiCorps, an organization that teaches wounded servicemen and women how to play music as part of their rehabilitation. Waters has worked with MusiCorps' Wounded Warriors Band in the past -- they've backed him on several occasions at the annual Stand Up for Heroes concert in New York.
According to Consequence of Sound, Waters began his set with a shock, the first-ever performance of "When the Tigers Broke Free," a song that was originally written for The Wall, but didn't get released until the 2004 reissue of The Final Cut. It details the World War II Battle of Anzio, in which Waters' father was killed. The full setlist is below.
Morello joined Waters after the first five songs and Corgan came on not too long after that. Their take on "Brain Damage/Eclipse" is embedded above and the last two songs of the evening, "Comfortably Numb" and a cover of Bob Dylan's "Forever Young," can be found below.
Roger Waters, Constitution Hall, Washington, D.C., Oct. 16, 2016 Setlist
1. "When the Tigers Broke Free"
2. "Wide River to Cross" (Buddy Miller cover)
4. "Lean on Me" (Bill Withers cover)
5. "A Change Is Gonna Come" (Sam Cooke cover)
6. "Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts I-V)" (with Tom Morello)
7. "Money" (with Tom Morello)
8. "The Ghost of Tom Joad" (Bruce Springsteen cover) (with Tom Morello)
9. "Wish You Were Here" (with Billy Corgan and Tom Morello)
10. "Brain Damage/Eclipse") (with Billy Corgan and Tom Morello)
11. "Crystal Clear Brooks"
12. "Goodbye Blue Sky"
13. "Blowin’ in the Wind" (Bob Dylan cover) (with Sheryl Crow)
14. "Is There Anybody Out There?"
15. "Nobody Home"
16. "Hallelujah" (Leonard Cohen cover)
17. "Another Brick in the Wall Part 2"
18. "Comfortably Numb" (with Billy Corgan and Tom Morello)
19. "Forever Young" (with Billy Corgan and Tom Morello)
Watch 'Brain Damage/Eclipse'
Watch 'Forever Young'
Pink Floyd Albums, Ranked Worst to Best