Jani Lane’s Death Possibly Caused By Overdose of Vodka and Pills
TMZ reports that a half-empty bottle of vodka and prescription medication were found in Lane's room at the Comfort Inn in Woodland Hills, Calif. when paramedics arrived on the scene yesterday afternoon. The 'Down Boys' singer was declared dead on the scene, with an autopsy scheduled for later today.
Meanwhile, both his former bandmates in Warrant and Lane's manager and friend Obi Steinman have issued statements on the loss of their former colleague. Here they are in full:
Warrant: "We are deeply saddened to hear the news of Jani's passing. Our thoughts and prayers go out to his family. Jani was a very important part of our lives for a long time. We will always be incredibly proud of the music we created together. He was a true talent and will be missed by all of us.”
Obi Steinman: "It is with great sadness that I announce to the music world and to all of Jani's fans that he has passed away. I lost a very dear friend. His family, including his young children, asks for privacy during this difficult time. Jani never gave up on his dream to entertain and bring music to the world. His memory will live on in his music and his songs helped shape '80s rock. I will miss him tremendously. Again, his wife and children ask for respect during this sorrowful time."