The Steve Miller Band Included on Worst Album Covers of 2011 List
Our sister site, PopCrush, has chosen the Steve Miller Band's cover for their new record 'Let Your Hair Down' as one of their 10 Worst Album Covers of 2011 (So Far), and we gotta say, it's hard for us to argue with them.
The cover was created by the normally awesome Storm Thorgerson, who alone or as part of the design group Hipgnosis is responsible for awesome artwork for Led Zeppelin's 'Houses of the Holy,' Pink Floyd's 'Wish You Were Here' and many other great albums, but seems to have had an off-day here.
As you can see for yourself in the bottom right corner of the collage above, the art takes the album's title completely literally, with a rabbit perched atop a bald man's head, with a rope ladder running down the guy's neck, so that he can let his "hare" down - get it?
You can, and should, see the cover and it's esteemed competition in their full-sized "glory" over on PopCrush, as soon as possible. Miller himself probably is more concerned with enjoying the last couple of weeks of his summer tour to worry too much about what anyone thinks of the 'Let Your Hair Down' art, but that doesn't mean you can't have some fun.
PopCrush's 10 Worst Album Covers of 2011:
10. Enik, 'I Sold My Moon Boots to a Girl From Greece'
9. Battles, 'Gloss Drop'
8. Maylee Todd, 'Choose Your Own Adventure'
7. 311, 'Universal Pulse'
6. Lady Gaga, 'Born This Way' (our vote for No. 1 - looks like a discarded Vixen album cover)
5. Toro Y Moi, 'Underneath the Pine'
4. Steve Miller Band, 'Let Your Hair Down'
3. The Limousines, 'Get Sharp'
2. S/mileage, 'Kol Ni Boing Boo'
1. Limp Bizkit, 'Gold Cobra'
Watch the Steve Miller Band Perform 'Rock 'N Me'