Led Zeppelin Announce Box Set Editions of First Three Albums
Each album will be released in a variety of formats -- including "Super Deluxe" boxed editions -- on June 3. In the future, Led Zeppelin's other six albums will get similar treatment in chronological order.
All three albums will be released on CD, digital download and 180-gram vinyl, the latter of which will replicate the original packaging perfectly (including 'Led Zeppelin III''s original wheel and die-cut holes). The Deluxe Edition -- also available in all three formats -- contains a set of bonus tracks. 'Led Zeppelin' contains a concert from the Olympia in Paris on Oct. 10, 1969, while 'II' and 'III' have alternate takes and mixes, instrumental backing tracks and previously unreleased songs. See below for the breakdown of the tracks on the extra discs.
"The material on the companion discs presents a portal to the time of the recording of Led Zeppelin," Jimmy Page said. "It is a selection of work in progress with rough mixes, backing tracks, alternate versions, and new material recorded at the time"
In addition, there will be a Super Deluxe Boxed Set for each album that contains the Deluxe Edition on both CD and vinyl, with a card for high-definition digital download. Also included in the Super Deluxe Boxed Set is a hardcover 70+-page book about the album and a high-quality print of the original album cover, with the first 30,000 individually numbered. The set for 'Led Zeppelin' features a replica of the press kit from that album.
You can pre-order all formats except digital from their website. The prices are as follows:
- Super Deluxe Boxed Set: $134.75
- Deluxe Edition Remastered Vinyl: $54.32 ('Led Zeppelin' -- 3 LP), $43.84 ('II' and 'III' -- 2 LP)
- Single Vinyl: $28.18
- Deluxe Edition CD: $20.67
- Single CD: $17.99
- Deluxe Edition Companion Disc Track Listings
'Led Zeppelin' Deluxe Edition Bonus Disc: Live At The Olympia -- Paris, France, October 10, 1969
1. 'Good Times Bad Times/Communication Breakdown'
2. 'I Can't Quit You Baby'
4. 'Dazed And Confused'
5. 'White Summer/Black Mountain Side'
6. 'You Shook Me'
7. 'Moby Dick'
8. 'How Many More Times'
'Led Zeppelin II' Deluxe Edition Bonus Disc Track Listing:
1. 'Whole Lotta Love' (alternate mix)
2. 'What Is and What Should Never Be' (alternate mix)
3. 'Thank You' (backing track)
4. 'Heartbreaker' (alternate mix)
5. 'Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman)' (backing track)
6. 'Ramble On' (alternate mix)
7. 'Moby Dick' (alternate mix)
8. 'La La' (previously unreleased song)
1. 'The Immigrant Song' (unreleased version)
2. 'Friends' (unreleased version)
3. 'Celebration Day' (unreleased version)
4. 'Since I've Been Loving You' (unreleased version)
5. 'Bathroom Sound' (instrumental version of 'Out on the Tiles')
6. 'Gallows Pole' (unreleased version)
7. 'That's the Way' (unreleased version)
8. 'Jennings Farm Blues' (previously unreleased song)
9. 'Keys to the Highway/Trouble in Mind' (previously unreleased song)